USA TODAY Sports’ Tom Pelissero recaps the biggest takeaways from Sunday’s games.
USA TODAY Sports
Here are the 40 things we learned in Week 8 of the 2016 NFL season:
1. Nothing says “National Football League 2016 season” more than having two games, both nationally televised, end in ties in successive weeks for the first time since 1997.
2. Unless it is having a player getting a 15-yard “celebration” penalty for hugging an official after a TD. (Seattle’s Earl Thomas did it after scoring on a fumble return.)
3. No Hug League > No Fun League
4. Fittingly, Rob Gronkowski became the Patriots’ career TD leader with a 53-yard pass from Tom Brady right down the seam. The pass play nobody can stop – even those defensive whizzes, the Ryan brothers.
5. Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick went 3-for-14 in the first half. Even Joe Namath was calling for him to be benched. (Not sure why we care what Namath has to say, but he just won’t stop bothering people on Twitter).
6. The owner, general manager and coach must have hugged…