Day 2 of the NHL free agent signing season is for bargain shoppers. Here are the 10 most intriguing players still available in the marketplace:
1. Defenseman Jason Demers: A right-hand shot, Demers was considered the best free agent defenseman. However, his price tag of $5 million isn’t easy for many teams to fit in their budget. Edmonton is a logical destination.
2. Right wing Jiri Hudler: He was a 31-goal scorer in 2014-15, and he can be a slippery, dangerous threat in the offensive zone. He is 32, and there is worry that he has started his decline. In 53 games last season, he had 10 goals and 35 points.
3. Defenseman Kris Russell: Boasts 573 games of NHL experience and he’s an effective shot-blocker. Good fit for a team looking to tighten their defense. Hold up may be his desire for a longer-term deal. The Toronto Maple Leafs may be interested.
4. Defenseman Kyle Quincey: May be a bit underrated. He logged nearly 20 minutes per game for Detroit, and was +11 over the past two seasons.
5. Defenseman Justin Schultz: Has the offensive…