NFL power rankings, post-Week 8 (and pre-Halloween) edition:
1. Rams (1): Trick — shame for Todd Gurley owners thinking they’d be treated to a second TD when L.A.’s RB put LT record pursuit on hold for good of his team.
2. Saints (2): Treat — Eli “Candy” Apple made team-high nine tackles in New Orleans debut. New club thinks he’ll fit in nicely with five fellow Buckeyes.
3. Patriots (3): Trick — RB position decimated? All good. They’ll give bulk of carries to Cordarrelle Patterson and Julian Edelman while TB12 paces them in ypc (8.0) amid #TB1K pursuit.
4. Chiefs (4): Treat — next two opponents (Browns, Cardinals) a combined 4-11-1. K.C. should keep treating fans to wins leading up to Mexico date with Rams.
5. Chargers (5): Trick — just when you thought Joey Bosa might be ready to come out of that tunnel, it seems his 2018 debut is probably still weeks away.
6. Steelers (8): Treat — there are few things more fun right now than watching TE Vance McDonald consistently go Mark Bavaro on opposing defenders.