Day 2 of the XFL draft starts at 10 a.m. ET. The eight XFL teams — the Dallas Renegades, DC Defenders, Houston Roughnecks, Los Angeles Wildcats, New York Guardians, Seattle Dragons, St. Louis Battlehawks and Tampa Bay Vipers — are filling their 71-person rosters.
In three phases yesterday, the XFL drafted skilled players, offensive linemen and defensive front seven.
Today, XFL teams will draft defensive backs in the first 10-round phase. The final phase will be an open draft for all remaining players, in addition to punters, kickers and long snappers.
Take a look at how Day 1 played out with every pick here. Here are some takeaways: the XFL values experience.
1. Renegades: Derron Smith, SAF, Fresno State
2. Guardians: Jamar Summers, CB, UConn
3. Roughnecks: Deji Olatoye, CB, North Carolina A&T
4. Defenders: Elijah Campbell, CB, Northern Iowa
5. Wildcats: Jack Tocho, CB, NC State
6. Dragons: Jhavonte Dean, CB, Miami
7. BattleHawks: Herb Miller, SAF, Florida Atlantic
8. Vipers: Arrion Springs, CB, Oregon
1. Vipers: Picasso Nelson, CB, Southern Miss